Gooseneck hitches are similar to 5th wheel hitches in that they are mounted directly over the rear axle for maximum tongue weight capacity (up to 25% of trailer weight) and stability and control of the trailer. You will find most goose-neck hitches on farms and ranches, but are also used by a wide variety of industries and trades. A lot of contractors use gooseneck hitches for their HD dumping trailers, and other equipment. The gooseneck uses a ball system rather than a plate and kingpin on the 5th wheel.
Invertible Gooseneck Hitch Ball:
* Just rotate the handle and Flip the ball over.
* Hassle-free retaining pin mechanism.
* 2-5/16" ball rotates in socket for extended life.
* Stainless steel retaining pin and spring.
* Includes spring loaded safety chain anchors.
* Bolt-in installation with only a 3-1/2" hole in truck bed.
* Grade 5 and 8 installation hardware provided.
* No fabrication or welding.
* Installs with truck bed in-place.
* 30,000 lbs. Gross Trailer Weight.
* 7,500 lbs. Gross Tongue Weight.
* 100% complete.
The Flip-Over Ball gooseneck hitch converts to a smooth bed in seconds. Just rotate the handle and Flip the ball over. In seconds you can have a level bed for all those jobs when an ordinary hitch ball is always in the way. It’s easy with a Flip-Over Ball hitch.